Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Details Classes, Environments, and More
New gameplay elements in the highly anticipated fantasy looter shooter have been revealed.
A ton of new gameplay details for Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands have been revealed as part of series of updates leading up to launch. The latest reveals include first looks at the Stabbomancer and Brr-zerker classes, new environments, and an overview of spells + combat mechanics.
A Class Above
In Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands you’ll be able to create your perfect hero through appearance customization and a multiclass system that lets you mix and match six unique character skill trees. Two of those classes include the Stabbomancer and Brr-Zerker, outlined below:
• Stabbomancers are sneaky, critical-hit-focused assassins who summon magic whirling blades to the battlefield and disappear into the shadows at will. They are all about creating and capitalizing on opportunities.
• Brr-Zerkers are tenacious, frost-infused bruisers who complement their firepower with an onslaught of brutal melee attacks. They are hardy warriors who hail from the frozen mountains, with a long line of ancestors who trained their bodies to withstand and even harness the bitter cold of icy winters. In battle, Brr-Zerkers prefer to do their fighting up close and personal.
From mushroom forests to pirate coves, players will experience a huge diversity of environments during their time in the Wonderlands. Here are the places you'll explore during your quests:
• Brighthoof is the crown jewel of Queen Butt Stallion’s bodacious queendom and a beacon of light. Though diligently protected by the honored Diamond Guard, the capital city of the Wonderlands has (of-late) been brought low by nefarious enemies
• Butt Stallion's Castle, Castle Sparklewithers, is brighter than the shiniest stars and more magical than the most majestic mages. The castle glows so brightly, the queendom is bathed in eternal light
• Sunfang Oasis seems like the ideal reprieve from the unrelenting heat of deserts in the Wonderlands, with its lush foliage, shimmering lagoons, and colossal ruins from civilizations long past. But unwary travelers lured in by these calming sights won't notice the ever-nearing slither of the ferocious Coiled until it's too late.
• The Tangledrift beanstalk lifted up entire chunks of earth as its stem grew to pierce the heavens, creating an ecosystem unto itself high above the clouds. Some folks have adapted to this ludicrously lofty lifestyle and made the most of their surprise high-rise homes. But even towns in the sky aren't out of harm's reach.
The Skeleton Army Rises
During the quest to defeat the Dragon Lord, you’ll encounter a huge variety of monsters, from sharks with legs to sentient skeletons.
• Skeleton Army. Denizens of the Wonderlands are peacefully laid to rest six feet under—until the Dragon Lord reanimates their remains to become his rank-and-file soldiers in an unwavering army of skellypeople.
Exploring the Overworld, Spells, and Melee
The Wonderlands allows you to explore fantastical locales connected by a vast Overworld and, alongside powerful guns, introduces spells and melee weapons to your expansive arsenal:
• The Overworld is an unmistakable nod to tabletop gaming, which gives players a third-person, bird's-eye view as characters sprint around Tina's meticulously crafted game board. Your character’s heroic proportions are shrunken down, allowing you to explore the many nooks and crannies of the game board. Some discoveries might be minor—a shortcut here, a smattering of gold-filled chests there—but you could end up stumbling onto an entirely optional area that some adventurers might miss entirely.
• Spellcasting is a blast in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, with most spells having short cooldowns that let you frequently fire magic from your fingertips. Some spells will make short work of enemies, roasting them with fire or sending them flying with a mini tornado; others offer more utility, like giving you and your allies a bit of protection or reduced cooldowns.
• Melee combat completes the combat trifecta of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands. In addition to your guns and spell loadout, you're able to keep a dedicated melee weapon constantly equipped and ready to use in combat.
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands will launch on March 25, 2022 across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via the Epic Games Store exclusively at launch, and on other PC digital storefronts later in 2022.